Recently in Humanities class, sixth graders worked with Kim Alessi, our Ed Tech Specialist, to create individual videos that answered a question about their experience at North Cascades Institute.
Some of their questions included:
- How do friendships change and develop at camp? Watch Maggie O's video>>
- How did sit spots at camp differ from those at Villa? Watch Ray L.'s video>>
- How does a hike become an adventure? Watch Nicolas O.'s video>>
- What mysteries do the woods hold?
- How can walking up to the waterfall be educational?
- How did tools help us learn at camp?
- What did we learn from our experiments and presentations at camp?
- How can learning outside have more benefits than learning inside?
- How does hiking help you connect with Nature?
- What can you learn at camp that you cannot learn at Villa?
- What did we learn about our carnivore and how did we learn it?
- What does the wolf do to help the ecosystem?
- How do the mountains help the ecosystem?
In the process, students learned video production techniques, including script writing, vocal coaching, managing media, the Ken Burns effect, the rule of thirds, and how to upload unlisted videos to YouTube.