Last week, 3rd grade students shared their compost project and learning with the Villa community today. Greeters and tour guides led parents, teachers, and classrooms who visited on a composting journey. At each station, students engaged their visitors in games, discussions, quizzes, and activities.
The station stops included:
- demonstration of our compost system models
- a sorting game (what to compost/what not to compost)
- demonstration of our 3 new compost systems – the 3 bin, worm bin, and pocket systems
- a game to find the garbage that didn’t belong in the compost
- seed planting station
- place to pick up a composting brochure
While tour guides and greeters were waiting to walk classes through the tour, they played a game of Worm, Worm, Compost (aka, duck, duck, goose) with students.
The event was a wonderful team effort. Excellent work, 3rd graders!