Updated COVID Quarantine Protocol
Mindful of faculty/staff input, listening to the perspectives of Heads at similar schools, considering the positive trends in area COVID-19 activity, and recent CDC recommendations (along with Governor Inslee's announcement on Tuesday afternoon, that all Washington state teachers and child care workers can now get COVID-19 vaccines), we have modified Villa's current post-travel quarantine expectations as follows:
Villa Academy's current post-travel quarantine protocol has changed to include two options, effective April 1, 2021:
- Every Villa Academy student who has traveled out-of-state will be subject to a mandatory 14-day quarantine (without a negative COVID-19 PCR test) beginning the day that that student arrives back in Washington; OR,
Every Villa Academy student who has traveled out-of-state, will be subject to:
- Seven (7) full days of quarantine from date of return to Washington; AND,
- Submit to a COVID-19 PCR test on days 3 - 5 or later (A rapid COVID-19 test is not accepted); AND,
- Present a hard-copy negative COVID-19 test result to Ms. Padilla in the Main Office;
- Additionally, the student must not be exhibiting any COVID-19 symptoms;
- If all of the above expectations are met, a student may return to campus - but no sooner than day 15 (if following Option 'A') or day 8 (if following Option 'B') after out-of-state travel;
NOTE WELL: All students who are planning to travel, must complete a Lower
a Middle School Leave
of Absence/Travel Notification Form; that Notification Form must be signed by the Division Director of your student's grade (Ms.
Grasseschi - Lower School / Mr. Joseph - Middle School) and
submitted to Ms. Padilla in Villa's Main Office at least two weeks prior to the anticipated absence.
Naturally, we all expect that each member of the Villa Academy community will remain cognizant of COVID-19 health and safety guidelines and will practice such protocols to keep everyone safe.
Should you have questions regarding this change, please connect with Julie Grasseschi (Lower School Division Director) at your earliest convenience.