Middle School: Upcoming School Conferences & Important Updates
Dear Middle School Families,
As you can see on the Villa school calendar fall conferences are coming up Thursday and Friday, October 21st-22nd. All conferences will be held virtually over Zoom by the advisory. A few notes about conferences and other M.S updates:
A Few Notes About Conferences:
- Conferences will be held with your student’s advisor NOT subject classes.
Students will work with their advisor to lead these conferences and showcase their skills, growth, and set goals for each of their classes.
- There will be no school for students on Thursday and Friday the 21st and 22nd.
- Extended Day will be available (contingent on minimum enrollment) and a link from Ms. Hodgson will be sent later this week.
- M.S students WILL HAVE SCHOOL WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 20th.
How to Sign Up For Conferences:
Villa uses Sign Up Genius in order to schedule lower school conferences with teachers. The system is set up with tabs for each grade
level as well as one for specialists.
- Each grade level tab will show the teachers and their remaining available conference times.
- Please select your student’s advisor to meet with for conferences.
- Please make sure that your child is available to attend their conference when scheduling
In the next few days, I will send you the link to access our fall conference sign-ups. That
link will go live on Friday, October 1st at 6:00 p.m.
- Please sign up by October 15th when we will close the conference link
- Pictures are this Thursday/Friday and students can wear free dress on their scheduled picture day
Please make sure to be sending your students to school with Villa sweatshirts as the weather gets colder. They may wear coats over them as
well but should have Villa uniform sweaters.
- Please encourage your students to wear masks that fit appropriately to fully cover their nose and mouth throughout the day.
Please send in vaccination cards to the main office as soon as possible. In
the event of close contact, this is the only way for us to know which students do not need to quarantine.
Community Service Announcement:
As many of you know Covid puts restrictions on community service hours. No religion teachers will be requiring a set amount of hours for a grade this year. However, I did want to communicate the current plans for service hours required for the Cabrini Award in 8th grade. These were made with the past year and a half in mind and continued restrictions on many service opportunities. These are all subject to change, but I wanted to share these as many of our students and families have asked (hours forms are on VikingNet).
Class of 2022 (8th graders): 31 hours (6th grade=21 hours, 7th grade=0 hours, 8th grade=10 hours)
Class of 2023 (7th graders): 52 hours (6th grade=0 hours, 7th grade= 10 hours, 8th grade=42 hours)
Class of 2024 (6th graders): 84 hours (6th grade=0 hours (not eligible for vaccination yet), 7th grade=42 hours, 8th grade=42 hours)
Thank you all for your continued partnership. We are looking forward to celebrating each and every middle school student throughout their conferences!
Chrissy May, Interim Middle School Director